The Bankruptcy Law Office of Tony Turner is dedicated to helping debtors in Jacksonville,  Orange Park, St. Augustine and surrounding counties to provide sound bankruptcy advice and to help you eliminate debt. The initial consultation is free.  Bankruptcy doesn’t have to be stressful.   Let me help.

read full bio

For an Appointment and Free Legal Consultation

PLEASE CALL:  904-679-2020


fill the form

Considering Filing for Bankruptcy?

If you’re overwhelmed with debt, lawsuits, collections, foreclosure and other financial difficulties and are considering bankruptcy, I hope this information is helpful. Filing for bankruptcy is a difficult decision and often one of last resort. Once you file for bankruptcy protection, creditors must stop calling and any legal action against you must stop including foreclosures, garnishment of wages & repossessions. In most bankruptcy cases you have the option of keeping assets, such as your car, house, RV, boat, etc… The bankruptcy law is complicated.  Please make sure and understand your rights and responsibilities before filing for bankruptcy protection.  Consulting an experienced bankruptcy attorney in Jacksonville is strongly recommended.

more about bankruptcy

Faq About Bankruptcy

  • Should I hire an attorney?

    The bankruptcy law is complicated. There are numerous forms to be completed and filed in a timely manner. Hearings are held and testimony is taken under-oath. Filing false or misleading documents is a Federal crime. Hiring an attorney that is experienced and knowledgeable in bankruptcy is wise. These can be stressful times and an experienced attorney can alleviate some of your concerns and make the process more efficient. Look at my google reviews. Ask for references. Make the right decision for you and your family.

  • Can I get a free copy of my credit report?

    YES! Go to for a free copy.

  • Can I file bankruptcy?

    Probably. There are rules and regulations with respect to who can file and what Chapter they can file under.  Your Jacksonville bankruptcy attorney has the requisite experience and should know the answer.  If you have filed a Chapter 7 in the past, you will need to wait 8 years from the date you filed to receive another Chapter 7 discharge.

More faq